These may not be the best pictures! The local supermarket had their boneless chicken breasts on sale over the weekend so I decided to stock up. My Gary doesn't eat much red meat so chicken and turkey are our staples. I canned chicken last year after my sister-in-law told me she had done some. The canned chicken is really good plus it is super easy to do. I just pack the cut up chicken into pint jars, add about 1 tsp. salt and process in my pressure cooker. The chicken tastes excellent and it is so nice to have on the shelf when I'm looking for a quick solution for dinner. I use it in enchiladas, quesadilla, chicken salad, and the list goes on. I have added it to soups too.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Tis the canning season. I have canned chicken,beans,jam and peaches and presently, we are juicing elderberries. Busy busy.
Mary
I have never heard of canning chicken before. How long does it last on the shelf inside of in the freezer.
Rebecca
Post a Comment